Welcome to the Australian Rowing History’s online Museum
A virtual museum illustrating the fascinating history of rowing in Australia.
This museum will be arranged into the following categories:
- Trophies and medals– iconic trophies of the sport
- Boats– important and historical boats
- Oars- presentation oars from throughout time
- Rowing machines– the evolution of these machines
- Books and publications– a catalogue of rowing books and publications and where they can be found
- Uniforms– rowing uniforms over the ages
- Miscellaneous– other items of historical importance to the sport
This museum plans to provide images and descriptions of important rowing artifacts. Contributions are not only welcomed, but encouraged, to make this becomes a good record of Australian rowing artifacts and where they can be found. As a guide, good quality photographs are required of the artifacts, a detailed description of the items, and the collection owner.
In the absence of a physical museum, we hope that this will provide not only an interesting museum, but also a means of keeping a record of these important items.
Please send all contributions to the editor Andrew Guerin for inclusion.