Table of Contents
- Establishment of the Club
- Red and Black - the Origins of an Essendon Tradition
- Australian Champions
- Premierships in the Thirties
- Potential Folding Precedes Amalgamation
- Fire Ends an Era
- Ladies of Today's Essendon Rowing Club
- Analysis and Conclusions
- Bottrell, Glenn & Forsyth, Craig, Interview conducted by the author, June 12th, 2000 (Taped and transcribed)
- Bottrell, Glenn, Manila Folder of ERC documents including photos, letters and newspaper clippings, May 2000
- Essendon Rowing Club, Annual Report & Balance Sheet, Seasons 1905/06 - 1999/2000, Anderson & Sons Print, Melbourne - Aberdeen Press, Essendon
- Adair, Daryl & Vamplew, Wray 1997, Sport in Australian History, Oxford University Press, Melbourne.
- Cashman, Richard 1995, Paradise of Sport; The Rise of Organised Sport in Australia, Oxford University Press, Melbourne.
- Jamison, Cheryl 1980, The History of the Essendon Rowing Club: 1880 - 1980, student essay, Footscray Institute of Technology, Footscray, pp. 1-38
- Maddigan, Judy & Frost, Lenore 1995, Maribyrnong Record: Past Images of the River, Essendon Historical Society Inc., Moonee Ponds.
- Vamplew, Wray et al. (eds) 1994, The Oxford Companion to Australian Sport, Oxford University Press, Melbourne.