Table of Contents
- The Origins of the Sport
- The Development of the Sport
- The Founding of the Club - 1880-89
- Inter-club Competition - 1890-99
- Federation and Senior Success - 1900-09
- The War Years - 1910-19
- Recovery from the War - 1920-29
- Jubilee Year and Beyond - 1930-39
- Another War, Another Recovery - 1940-49
- Junior Sucess Again - 1950-59
- Senior Rise to the Top - 1960-69
- The New Clubhouse - 1970-79
This centennial history of the Essendon Rowing Club was written by Sherryl Jamison, as partial fulfilment of a subject at Footscray Institute of Technology in July 1980 and given to the Club.
In 2016, the Club authorised the reproduction on this site. Glenn Bottrell and Andrew Guerin took the opportunity to add to this history. This included the addition of photographs, appendices and also make some other changes to the body of the history. The intent of the Club is to enhance this history over time. All suggestions for change should be directed to Glenn Bottrell at Essendon Rowing Club.
A separate history of the Essendon Ladies Rowing Club has been written.